Richard has practiced family law exclusively since being called to the Bar of Manitoba in 2011. He chose this focus because of his desire to work in an area of law that is people-oriented. He also appreciates the opportunity family law provides to work with clients of various backgrounds and beliefs.
Although his practice takes him into the courtroom as well, Richard uses collaborative and cooperative law practices extensively to reach legal agreements that are mutually beneficial to all parties involved.
Richard is co-chair of Collaborative Practice Manitoba’s Technology Committee and sits on its Steering Committee.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba, 2005
- Juris Doctor, University of North Dakota, 2008
Mediation and Arbitration:
- Certificate of Completion – Fundamentals of Family Mediation (Family Mediation Training Canada)
- Certificate of Completion – National Family Law Arbitration Course
- Certificate of Collaborative Training through Collaborative Practice Manitoba
- Domestic Violence Screening Training
- Basic Parenting Coordination through Riverdale Mediation Training & Consulting
One Day Divorce:
- Click here to learn about the One Day Divorce Steps
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba
- Collaborative Professionals of Canada
- ADR Institute of Canada
- ADR Institute of Manitoba